Wednesday 7 January 2015

Chapter 24


RR through our eyes (Chapter 24)

 

Thanks Mano for the edits.
Thanks tvbug2011 for the brainstorming on this conversation

 

Rudra grudgingly told the Mehras the truth. And looked them in the eye.

“I got your point. She was stupid to go with them. But intelligent enough to lead me to the place.”

 

Rajeev gave in. Finally. Here was a man who was truthful. He might be short tempered. But he was straightforward. And that is one quality which has to be admired. Rajeev relaxed a bit breaking the ice.

 

But Rudra continued being serious. He wanted to get this conversation completed. There was no time for niceties. “I need to talk about a few more things with both of you. Now”

 

It did sound rather ominous to their ears. But Rajeev had to clear something from his side before proceeding. He was a fair man. Agreed he did not like his daughter being called stupid. Agreed he is biased towards his Laadli. But he has to agree when she is at fault.

 

“Rudra, I too agree it was stupid of Myrah to go out of the haveli without even informing anybody. Thanks for saving her life. Not once but twice. We will be indebted to you forever.” Rajeev cleared the air.

 

“Oh please don’t thank me. Now that the wedding will happen soon and both of you will be family let us not be so formal. Anyway coming back to what I said earlier - I would like to share a few things about myself with both of you.” Rudra started.

 

Rajeev and Poonam heard the decisiveness in his voice. The lack of doubt in his mind about the wedding.  A tone, which in no uncertain terms said that the wedding is going to happen. That the Mehras are going to be part of his family soon. Though Rajeev himself was not so sure about the love between Rudra and his daughter, though he was still not convinced that Rudra is the right choice for her – he could still not stop feeling a little bit of admiration for this handsome man sitting in front of himself. A person who knew what he wanted. And one who knew how to get what he wanted. That was a trait to be admired. Second point in Rudra’s favor.

 

“I am the only child of my parents. A loving mother and a strict father. At least that is what I thought till I found myself abandoned at the age of 15. That incident left a deep wound in my mind. A hatred towards this world. Which was only fueled further by my father’s words. And I joined BSD and channeled most of my anger towards the enemies of our nation. But still there was much more anger from where it originated. Which made me aloof and lonely. Till she walked into my life.”

 

“ She changed me within a short time. She showered me with so much love that I became humane again. We got married and were living happily. Then we had our Dhruv. Probably GOD did not like us being happy. He took Paro away. It will be an understatement if I said that I was shattered.  I only pulled on for Dhruv’s sake. I was sure I will never find love again. I am one who never believed in second chances. Being a BSD man I knew that once the bullet finds its mark it cannot be undone. So where is the question of a second chance? But I was wrong. I got my love back. In a new form indeed. But destiny brought us together. Her uncle had asked me to be her bodyguard. And I went to her hotel to meet her. I was about to leave after waiting for a long time. I would have almost missed meeting her. But she reached just in time before I could leave. Thank God for that.  And fell right into my arms. She did not take my no for an answer. She followed me , got herself invited into the haveli and fell in love with me. And over the last few days I realized there is something called a second chance. That I am indeed one of those few lucky people who are granted one.“ Rudra had a smile when he talked about his love Myrah – Poonam noticed with happiness. Poonam was also happy that he spoke more about her princess in his synopsis about life. That should mean something – doesn’t it ?

 

There. Rudra thought to himself. He has said it. In the most non controversial way possible. Without stating that Myrah is Paro. Without giving the Mehras any doubt in those lines - he hoped.

 

By nature Rudra did not trust anybody. In the very few cases like Aman – it took him years of knowing the person. That too in close quarters. There was no way Rudra would have told the Mehras the truth. For multiple reasons.

 

First and foremost being there was no reason for them to believe him. Second being he still do not have solid proofs. They might conclude that Rudra has become crazy over his love for his wife. Even if they get convinced possessiveness or the fear of losing their daughter can force them to not accept the truth.

 

Added to that God knows how Myrah will take this news. And how she will react. How her mind will react and how her body will react. Yes given her past health issues all angles must be considered.

 

If due to the shock she faints and remains unconscious for a long time her parents can take her away from him. Legally they have the right. He has no right to stop them as on today.

 

If she decides to leave him voluntarily – again it will not be easy for him to stop her. Though he will never - ever - allow her out of his sight. He was sure of that. But handling the situation will be far easier when she is married to him.

 

And last but not the least if and when he decided to reveal the secret to Paro – he wanted to be the one to tell her. Rudra did not want her to hear it from anybody else for sure.

 

Being a strategic person – at least he is when anger does not get the better of him – he decided the best way is to not talk about Paro being Myrah. With anybody -  least of all the Mehras. His task ahead is to convince the Mehras to give their blessings for the wedding. If they think he fell in love with their daughter after Paro – he will play along.

 

There is no way he is going to let them know ---

That Rudra is a one-woman man.

That he still does not believe in falling for anybody other than his lovely Paro.

That nobody can ever take her place – neither in his life nor in his heart.

That when he talks of second chances – it is about his second chance with Paro herself and not with another human being.

That all he wants is to set everything right and give Paro a proper wedding this time around. A wedding and 7 phere that she will remember with fondness.

 

“That is it ?” Rajeev asked.” Nothing more to add ?”

 

“I am a man of few words. But my words are honest. So when I say I want to spend the rest of my life with her – I mean it. I do not have any long winding speech to deliver. But if you have any questions I am here to answer “

 

Rajeev smiled. The man had attitude. Yes he is a man of few words. But powerful ones. No wonder Myrah fell for him – an honest, confident, courageous man with the right attitude.

 

“Rudra, we hope when Myrah gets married it is for lifetime. That it is a well thought out decision and not one made in the spur of the moment. That is why we gave Rohit and Myrah so much time to think and decide. Never hurried them even though it would have made both of us quite happy if their wedding had happened years back. It is not anything against you but I find this decision of yours and Myrah’s quite rushed. What is the guarantee that you both will not regret the marriage later ? “ Rajeev’s question was quite reasonable. As parents they were entitled to know the truth from Rudra.

 

“I am no teenager. I am a grownup man. Before I take any decision I will think about it 100 times. Because marriage is a serious thing for me. To tell you the truth I spent many sleepless hours after she declared her love and still came to the conclusion that I am not the right person for her. I was not ready to even admit it to myself that she is the one for me. I finally realized my love only at a time when I was about to lose her. For ever. That is when I understood that I cannot be away from her. That she is the one for me. “Though the answer appeased the Mehras little did they know that Rudra was talking about his Paro.

Paro who relentlessly pursued him.

Paro who proposed to him first.

Paro who refused to leave his side in spite of his anger and the hate wedding.

Paro who was ready to make the ultimate sacrifice for his well being.

 

Rudra was so lost in his past that Poonam had to repeat her question to get his attention. “How can I  be sure that you will not compare Myrah to Paro as you call her ? What is the guarantee that you will not start feeling that Myrah is not as beautiful as Paro ? Or as traditional as Paro ? Or as .....”

 

Rudra interrupted, “Can you give me a minute ? I will be back soon.” And he walked to his room. He had realized from Poonam’s questions that the Mehras were not aware that Paro and Myrah looked alike. Hmm...this is going to be another hurdle to face.

 

He was back with a photo album in hand. Mehras looked at the photos. The initial ones were long shots of a pretty girl. In lehenga playing in the beach. They looked at the beauty of the pretty girl who looked very similar to Myrah and smiled , “ Myrah looks so beautiful in this lehenga.”

 

Rudra neither denied the statement nor agreed with it. “That is was taken more than seven years back.“

 

The Mehras wre stumped. Literally. If it is an old photo it cannot be Myrah. Then who is this ?

 

“Who is this ?” It was Poonam who mustered the courage to ask the question.

 

“It is Paro. “

 

“She looks very similar to Myrah from a distance. Quite similar except for the long hair.” Again it was Poonam who found the voice to say something.

 

“Yes she does. And Myrah knows it. I was not sure whether you were aware. So wanted to make it known to you upfront.” Rudra explained.

 

“What exactly do you expect from us ? To give our blessings to you and Myrah after seeing this photo ?” Rajeev finally gave vent to his anger.

 

“Yes.“ Rudra was as calm and composed as anybody can be. He had this part already rehearsed in his mind. And was ready.

 

“When you talked about second chances and your wanting to marry Myrah I was kind of convinced. When you explained how this is a well thought out mature decision – I was relieved. But this ? How can you really move on with a look alike? How can we ever believe you – for that matter how can Myrah ever believe that you love her? That you see Myrah and not your wife when you look at her?”

 

“ To understand that you should know more about my past. I mentioned that I was abandoned at 15. It was because my mother left me and my father and went away from home. She did not bother to take me with her. And never tried to contact me. My father did not leave me but he did worse. He gave me daily doses of how untrustworthy a beautiful woman is. How she never belonged to the child or the husband. Over the years when my mother never came back I started hating all women. Particularly the beautiful ones. I will refer to somebody as  “Khoobsurat” more as an insult than a compliment. I am a changed man now. Not one with animosity in heart. But still external beauty is not the one I am attracted to. “

 

All is fair in love and war. Rudra thought to himself. There is no reason for the Mehras to know that he had fallen for the beauty of Paro as well. At first sight itself. The day he rolled on the desert sand with her. The day he took a bullet for her. The day he carried her while she was unconscious to the jeep. The day he became her protector. Yes Paro had as beautiful a mind as her body. But it will be a complete lie if he said he did not get attracted to her appearance. He had lost himself in her dove shaped eyes many a times. In the beauty of her slim waist. In her pink luscious lips. He never had let go of a chance to touch her. To hold her. To be near her. Even when they were on opposite sides. He had been as affected by her proximity as she had been by his nearness though he was able to hide it well from her. He had been stumped by her looks umpteen number of times – the day she wore his blue kurta, on the day of their Sangeet, in Jaipur when she came down the steps, during the dance, afterwards when they were both intoxicated and sitting in the lobby, when he got up the next day in her arms,...........countless number of times when he was lost in the mesmerising beauty of Paro.

 

He had to pull himself back again from his thoughts. And he continued, “ What attracted me to her is her nature. Her selfless nature. Her happy cheerful attitude. A lively spirited person who feels for others. Who connects with those around her easily. Who goes out of her way to help even the people whom she just met.  Her honesty. Her pure mind. Her nature of always putting others before her. Like how she keeps things from both of you because you will worry. The girl who can laugh in the face of death. Who can keep her head while all around hers are losing theirs. “

 

“She came into my life, and made me want to live again, to feel again, to love again, to give all of myself. She left me with no option, without asking for it, she demanded that I love her with all my being. And I do and I will forever. Trust me. I will not try to change her in any way. I like her the way she is. It is the person I fell in love with and not her appearance.”

 

Again Rudra was talking about his Paro. But the Mehras thought it was about Myrah. And they felt that Rudra’s POV was justified. But before they could respond their eyes fell on the next photo. A closeup of Paro. And that was the moment when the similarity of Paro and Myrah struck them. And they were zapped. All the colour drained from Rajeev’s face. His hands reached Poonam’s involuntarily. And squeezed her hands tightly. Looking for support. But for once Poonam had none to offer.

 

“Is there anything else you would like to know before you give your go ahead ?” Rudra queried the Mehras who seemed to be focusing on a particular photo in silence.

They were startled with the question. It was not even sure whether they heard him right. They looked up in slow motion. As if it was painful to look away from the photo in hand.

“Can you leave us alone for some time ? Let us talk tomorrow.” Poonam hardly managed to get out the two short lines after two failed attempts.

Rudra nodded. Respecting their request he moved out. He could clearly see grief written on their faces. Inspite of his best efforts did they guess the truth ? In the short time that he has met them he has already formed a good opinion about the couple. A husband and wife who were each other’s support. Who were frank , open minded and down to earth. Rudra felt a strange unexplainable bond with them. And felt sad for thei plight. He hoped they will be fine with the truth in case they have guessed it. With one last look over his shoulder he walked out of the room only to bump into Paro.

“What are you doing here ? You are supposed to be sleeping.”

“I heard some noises and saw the light from this room. So just got up and came here. What were you all discussing ? “ Myrah was curious

“Nothing much. I was just telling them about my past. And requesting them for your hand. “ Rudra explained.

“You never had to do that last time – right ? ”  Saying this Myrah smiled and held his hand in hers.

Rudra looked into her eyes – which were half closed – and realised he is ready to put anybody else through any truth, however harsh. He is ready to lie about being not attracted to her physical beauty – if that saves the day. He is ready to share his childhood details with people he just met. He is ready to face any evil in this world. He is ready to hide facts from Paro herself. Anything....

For Paro, his Paro. His life begins and ends with Paro. Bas.






82 comments:

  1. Cutemithra (imported from IF)Wednesday 7 January 2015 at 04:28:00 GMT-8

    Nice chapter JJ and nice edits Mano...

    Loved the chapter so much...the way Rudra spoke about his life...his thoughts about Paro and his wish to give her a happy wedding this time with all the rituals...

    And do the mehras know the truth..? Why suddenly myrah's father got tensed seeing the pic of Paro... Or is he just worried about his daughter's life..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. Glad you liked it. And regarding your questions -

      Abhi Nahin Abhi Nahin...
      Abhi Karo Intezaar...

      Delete
  2. Loved the update Clap

    Rudra and his hamesha love for Paro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firsttimehere (imported from IF)Wednesday 7 January 2015 at 05:47:00 GMT-8

    Hi JJ , Nice update Smile
    Am glad Rudra put most of the facts in front of Mehra's - his past and that Paro and Myrah look alike..
    Personally , I am starting to feel for the Mehras.. In this story since Paro = Myrah , then something Bad must have happened to the actual Myrah Mehra right ??
    I feel really bad for the Mehra parents and the actual Myrah herself assuming that is the case Cry

    Do you have any plans to make it a happy ending for real Myrah and Mehras too ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rudra by nature is straightforward. Sometimes he does not say everything because he feels it is not needed. Not because he wants to hide anything.

      Hmmm...happy ending pata nahin. But just wait for one or two chapters. You will come to know

      Delete
  4. SanayaMyLIFE ( imported from IF)Wednesday 7 January 2015 at 05:49:00 GMT-8

    Amazing story

    ReplyDelete
  5. thakurpreeti (imported from IF)Wednesday 7 January 2015 at 08:15:00 GMT-8

    Hii JJ
    Lovely update, like the way u described, n RUDRA one woman man (love hamesha Paro ) liked it so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rudra the way he was sketched initially cannot be anybody's other than Paro's
      Glad you liked it

      Delete
  6. Holaaa JJ.... I am here.....I was sure about rudra telling the truth of Myrah = Paro to them but big twist huhhhh???? At least for me it was a big twist.....:-)

    And u don't know how much I am feeling good about hearing that one name.....PARO again n again....:-) his life begins and ends with Paro....bas....i loved that one....:-) BAs I also wanna say that....

    Paro for rudra n rudra for Paro....PaRud hameshaaaaa.....
    So they saw the pic....is there some big twist awaiting....i mean from the mehras' side???? I smell something fishy from there....maybe I am imagining....


    That one paragraph starting from ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR.....my favourite JJ.....those scenes were playing in my mind.....got damn it.....how could they axe such a beautiful show....:'(


    Hmmmmmmphhhhh....loved it JJ....awesome....

    And Mano darling...loved ur visual treats....:-*


    UPDATE SOON....JJ....wanna read this fully....:P
    Tatttaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lachuuuuuuuuuuuuu dear
      You have given me such great comments. You made my day.
      Rudra will try his best to not tell anyone the truth. He does not trust anybody - by nature

      Am so happy you liked it. Rudra by his own admission lies once in a while. So it was okay to say he was not attracted to her beauty. HAHA

      Delete
    2. Jehhhhhhh looooo....i made ur day....???? :-o I am soooo happy that I made ur day....:-)
      *jumping jumping jumping n hugging u* :-D

      And about our rudra banna..... Jis jhoot se Kisi ka ghar bastha hai.....woh jhoot jhoot nai hota....;-)

      Delete
  7. I loved how he explained everything to them

    Hmm i wonder why they got tensed when they saw Paro's pic up close

    I think they know that Myrah is Paro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Seeta. He explained but still withheld the main point. So Rudra has changed but not fully. To know the reason for the tension of Mehras -

      Abhi Nahin Abhi Nahin...
      Abhi Karo Intezaar...

      Delete
  8. Hi JJ,
    Happy New Year!!
    I missed my first spot. LOL. I did check on Monday.

    Loved the chapter.
    Very Rudra and love him for it!!
    Happy he was upfront with the Mehras and said the truth as it stands now.

    Waiting to get Mehras pov in the next chapter.
    Take care.
    Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was planning to post only next Monday. Then suddenly got some free time. And Mano also gave her edits. Hence the change in plan.

      Glad you liked the way Rudra handled it. This was the most difficult one for me. And got some pointers from tvbug2011 in IF

      Delete
  9. This chapter is what we felt Rudra was and his relationship with Paro. Yes, he was attracted to Paro but he fell for who she is not what she looks like. Loved this chapter and a big Thank you for it, wish you could have been the writer for RR instead of so called creatives. Ouch Now eagerly awaiting the next chapter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mukti. It was all about Rudra and his Paro. And how he still does not trust others fully. But still is willing to do everything possible to get his Paro back.

      Rudra cannot be with anybody other than Paro - right ?

      Delete
  10. KhushiParo (imported from IF)Wednesday 7 January 2015 at 17:34:00 GMT-8

    Wow!
    For a change early with my comments as I was very eager to know how Rudra handles everything and I'm totally stumped with this update JJ. Hats off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Yes you are early. I am happy you are stumped. Thank you

      Delete
  11. KhushiParo (imported from IF)Wednesday 7 January 2015 at 17:35:00 GMT-8

    JJ what can I say I'm not good with words at all to clearly say how much I liked this update. It's like you gave the whole RR review for us through Rudra.
    As I was concerned it was about Paro and Rudra told about her but at the same time he did not Wink This is what even my dilemma was how he'll handle as Paro's health and parents will they agree or not and you managed excellently... answered all my doubts. This is the first may be last too that he revealed his childhood to the people he barely knew. Wow! Rudra can do anything for his life.. Paro...and here you proved it.

    The lines one woman man ... Paro's Rudra... his thoughts about Paro's beauty ...how much I wish some one from creatives read this chapter and thinkConfused how much they changed the story in a totally different way.
    I'm astonished and also became emotional reading this chapter and as usual Mano's edits added extra punch.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Oh dear. We all miss RR and Parud. Only if we had got what we wanted. Only if we had seen the tension between Parud. We could have had many more threads from Mano. Alas.

      Glad you liked it. I had to think quite a lot how Rudra will justify loving Myrah without disclosing that she is Paro. Then finally the solution was as simple as the railway track one.....

      Delete
  12. Nice update jj,
    I love the last line so much am happy parudian today.

    JAYASHREE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. If I can make even on Parudian happy - the purpose of the chapter is achieved. Thank you Jayashree

      Delete
  13. See JJ, somehow am never late for your "RR through our eyes"updates..pretty weird haa :)..I loved the chapter..this is exactly how Rudra will react, confident and straightforward..am eagerly waiting how you are going to unravel Mehra's hidden mysteries..

    Mano as usual apt edits depicting their expressions so blending with JJ words..

    Seeing Rudra going to any extend for his Paro just warms my heart..our original Rangrasiya..I still can't believe the audacity of the CVs to dish out that crap in the end JJ..feeling totally dejected how a epic love saga was ruined with their damn internal politics..:(

    Ok a doubt which am still not getting an answer...plz enlighten me with the calculation of Rudra's age when he met Paro first time both time :)

    Deepa aka deepsel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fine Deepa.. You can post it here going forward. Yes you are never late for the updates.
      Edits and words are like Parud. HAHA

      Why do you think Mehras have some mysteries ?

      Yeah I also get into high levels of sadness about RR. But then come back to Mano's threads and forget everything.

      Rudras age ? Maybe the two scholars of RR can help.

      As far as I remember he was 13 when Mala left
      He married Paro at 28
      Dhruv born a year later. So 29
      7 years after that. So now he is 36.

      So many years wasted ---

      Delete
  14. rithureuben (imported from IF)Thursday 8 January 2015 at 06:59:00 GMT-8

    Just realised that you have updated. This chapter is incredible. Loved to hear Rudra talk about all the things about Paro and think about stuff he can't discuss with her pseudo parents.
    The Mehras are asking the same questions we all did when Rudra started getting attracted to Myrah. It was nice of you to add that and give answers too.
    Plz PM me when you update next. Hate to miss out on your wonderful writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rithu. If I do not ask all queries and answer them one of my readers will not be happy at all. For her, all loops should be closed. I am trying to reach that goal LOL

      I have not PM-ed anybody today. Was lazy. Planning to do it maybe tomorrow. I will definitely send you PM for the updates.

      My wonderful writing ? Glad you feel that way. Thank you

      Delete
  15. Okay,,, the romantic bits where Rudra was thinking about Paro was written exactly as showcased. So action on screen to pen thak ka wo safar, aapne bakhoobi nibhaya JJKK :)
    Nicely written

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely update, JJ. I liked it for many reasons, the biggest one being that you explained so beautifully through Rudra how he fell for Myrah and interwove it to be all about Paro as well ... as you know, that was my biggest roadblock in accepting Rudra's love for Myrah.

    Myrah barely appeared in this chapter except at the end, but when she did, that tiny scene reminded me of Paro ... Sanaya made the two characters so very different, that I find it difficult to accept them to be the same person. Your last scene helped.

    Am waiting to see why the Mehras were tense on seeing the closeup of Paro and Myrah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dia, Quite happy to see you here. I did not send it across for review as I knew you will be quite busy. How is life ? Happy New Year.

      You liked the chapter ? Ah nice to hear. Getting Rudra to convince the Mehras was the hard part. How can a person explain that he loves a look alike but still will not be reminded of the other person's face ? So he had to explain about his hatred of beautiful women and lie that he never was attracted to Paro's beauty.


      Sanaya did make the charcters different I agree. But Rudra can never be with anyone other than Paro. NEVER.


      Thanks again for your lovely comments

      Delete
  17. Gosh....what a fantastic chapter JJKKL...Dil such much garden garden ho gaya......fabulous.....it was a lonnnggg overdue update ....but it was indeed worth the long wait...feeling verrry good and happy after reading it.....well, thanks a tonne ......u have spent loads of time over it...your efforts are clearly visible......It was awesome the way Rudra went about his love for Myrah to convince the Mehras......it was intense,passionate, straightforward but with an attitude....& this is ( attitude) one of Rudra's trait which is an absoulute killer......iss attitude ne hi toh hum fans ko paagal kar diya hai & hats off to you for bringing it forth every time in your chapters....
    Loved the small interaction between Rudra & Myrah.....Mano's edits are incredible,as always. It's outstanding the way she has captured such perfect emotions on the faces of Anupam & Kiran Kher....The picture in one of the edits is of Rudra & Paro's Jaipur trip....is that the close up of Paro that has caught their attention ?
    I have the same question as Cutemithra as to WHY Mehra's were stunned after seeing one of Paro's picture but since you have already answered her by saying that we will have to wait & watch so that's what we will do....waiting eagerly for the next chapter....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dil Garden Garden ho gaya ? WoW Thank you ji. Yes I agree it was long overdue. Had loads to prepare for exams plus had some vacation too around New year.

      Glad you liked it. And glad it convinced you. Rudra and attitude ae synonymous.

      Yes the closeup which got the attention of Mehras is the Jaipur one.

      Either in the next or the one after the details will be revealed. As I wrote elsewhere I have no fixed ideas about a particular chapter. It is always impromptu :-)

      Thanks again for taking the time out to read and comment

      Delete
  18. Meenakshi15 (imported from IF)Thursday 8 January 2015 at 22:13:00 GMT-8

    JJ beautiful update
    "he could still not stop feeling a little bit of admiration for this handsome man sitting in front of himself"
    JJ I too cannot stop admiring him but not little bit,infinity bit
    For Paro, his Paro. His life begins and ends with Paro. Bas.
    loved this line
    Awesome write up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meenu. Yes Paro Nahin Toh Rudra Nahin ..........

      Delete
  19. Like the way Rudra brought the facts up front.

    Nice update

    ReplyDelete
  20. JJ,
    I was probably first one to read, but last one to comment :(
    Just lovely update! You are an awesome writer!
    The way Rudra spoke with Mehra’s, explained his past, feelings... – great piece of writing! BEST part of the chapter. Can I ask how long it took you to write that part?

    And when it comes to Rudra; every single word, every single thought – just for his Paro. Loved how you described Rudra’s feelings. Everything he does, he does only for his Paro. Even ready to reveal his past to strangers.
    Why it couldn’t be like this in original story? I would have loved it.

    Mano’s edits are great – but there is nothing new about that.

    Waiting for next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you read it long back. I understand that our schedules can be hectic at times. Thanks for your lovely comments Mira.

      I had written Rudra talking about Myrah/Paro's qualities part quite fast. But I was still not happy. Have been thinking about it over a day and night. How can a guy convince the bride's parents that he is in love with his ex-wife's look alike and that too not because of her looks ? That is when I thought I can use the hatred of Rudra for beautiful woman to my advantage

      After that it was easy to pen it down. I am still not so happy with the chapter. But fine. That is all I can think of for now.

      Mano is just great. She is the Jaan of the blog. Thanks again Mira for liking the chapter.

      Delete
  21. Happy new JJ. Hope u are doing good
    Well as always a super update coupled up with Manos lovely collages
    Just loved how well u have described Rudras emotions and how well he bore his heart out to the Mehras without letting them know Myrah is Paro and he firmly believes he belongs only to Paro. Bas. This is what RR was about and glad I could read this version from your story. It is reasonable for the Mehras to be shocked knowing Paro and Myrah look alike but I think no one can stop Rudra from getting his Paro back now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Praba. Rudra Banna is smart - right ? And straightforward. Am glad you liked the update. Rudra will not allow anyone to take his Paro away this time........

      Delete
  22. varsha2KD(imported from IF)Sunday 11 January 2015 at 23:48:00 GMT-8

    Nice update

    ReplyDelete
  23. ameena671 (imported from IF)Sunday 11 January 2015 at 23:48:00 GMT-8

    Superb update loved it

    ReplyDelete
  24. Alicia2012 (imported from IF)Sunday 11 January 2015 at 23:49:00 GMT-8

    Wow great story please update soon
    I can not wait for the next part of your story
    thanks for sharing your story with us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. mishtypiya (imported from IF)Sunday 11 January 2015 at 23:49:00 GMT-8

    Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  26. nice update

    ReplyDelete
  27. It was very nice update

    ReplyDelete
  28. SanayaMyLIFE ( imported from IF)Sunday 11 January 2015 at 23:52:00 GMT-8

    Awsome

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happytwinkle (imported from IF)Sunday 11 January 2015 at 23:52:00 GMT-8

    Mindblowing update
    Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  30. very nice

    ReplyDelete
  31. Taahir004 (imported from IF)Sunday 11 January 2015 at 23:54:00 GMT-8

    Beautiful Update

    Myra's father got tensed seeing Paro's photo is it because both
    look alike or does he have some knowledge about Paro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has some info for sure. Will come out either in the next chapter or the one after that

      Delete
  32. drunkiiebabe (imported from IF)Sunday 11 January 2015 at 23:54:00 GMT-8

    Awesome update
    Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely update
    Missing th show

    ReplyDelete
  34. Naz_nisar (imported from IF)Sunday 11 January 2015 at 23:55:00 GMT-8

    Awesome update

    ReplyDelete
  35. Superb update

    ReplyDelete
  36. custodian75 (imported from IF)Sunday 11 January 2015 at 23:57:00 GMT-8

    Rudra is doing everything possible to make the Mehras agree for the wedding. He is playing with words so they do not doubt him. But will they recognize that their daughter is actually Paro and not Myra. How will they react. Will they take rudra's help to find the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  37. JasmineRahul (imported from IF)Sunday 11 January 2015 at 23:57:00 GMT-8

    loved d way Rudra explained his past n his pov.Hope Myrah's parents will b fully convinced.but I'm just waiting 4 rudra 2 tell them d truth or do they already know myrah's truth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They know some information. Which will come out very soon. Glad you liked Rudra Banna's explanation

      Delete
  38. Hey! Sorry for the late reply, have been busy this past week.
    I loved the update. I am so glad Rudra was straight forward. After Rudra gave synopsis of his love story, I thought Mehras would get mad once they find out about Myrah being doppelganger of Paro. I am so happy Rudra cleared the confusion. He is very confident, and I hope that Mehras will agree to this alliance. Also, after looking at Paro's pictures, I wonder if Meharas will make connection that Myrah is Paro because Paro died 7 years ago and Myrah got into an accident 7 years ago in Rajasthan. When Myrah was found back, she only spoke suddha Hindi, and didn't have any qualities that Myrah originally had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nine2, am happy that you loved the update. Rudra was always straightforward. And is ready to do anything to get his Paro back

      Whether Mehras will make the connection and deduce that their daughter is no more is yet to be seen

      Delete
  39. Neet2407 (imported from IF)Sunday 11 January 2015 at 23:59:00 GMT-8

    JJ!
    Finally I get to write -loved the last three chapters and how you build the viewpoints of all the different characters and what's going on with them.

    Mano's edits are superb as well!

    This chapter was amazing - loved the directness of Rudra and how he pretty much told the Mehra's the truth in his own way! that's why we love Rudra - strong and no-nonsense can't wait to see what happens in the next few chapters as Paro realises who she really is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally you are here. Was missing you for some days now. Glad you loved the chapters. Mano is superb as usual...

      Rudra was always direct. Never minced words. Am happy you liked the way his character was maintained. Thanks for reading and commenting

      Delete
  40. Loved the update beautifully written Rudra telling them in all truth about his Paro and his love for her loved that he held noting back loved his inner thought amazing update thanks for the pm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dumas. For reading , for your inputs and for that wonderful collage.

      Delete
  41. JJ,
    sorry for making you wait.AD is very hectic.this was one of the best chapters of this ff.wonderful!!!!!!

    "Rudra thought to himself. He has said it. In the most non controversial way possible. Without stating that Myrah is Paro. Without giving the Mehras any doubt in those lines".

    EXACTLY,that was a good,careful summary of his life.

    but what surprised me was the mehras' reaction on seeing the photo.hmmm,so they do know more than something,hai na?

    and what was that abt,"you didn't had to do that last time."by myra/paro to rudra?didn't quite understand that.

    i know that paro wont get her memory back one fine day.but it'd be lovely if u show some glances of myra/paro stumbling over some old things and getting pieces and bits in flashes,not only related to rudra,but with dhruv,maithili,aman,kakisa and so on.just a suggestion.


    winding up for now.keep going JJ.

    ratna.

    ps:i never knew u read zara's ff.ya,i like ur rudra LOADS BETTER than the rudra there,besides i hate an overdose of myra anywhere[not here though,as myra=paro].that ff is so complicated.dunno how the author will manage to clear all the complications.but like dhruv,paro,koel ,etc.and i really hated one member commenting there that since paro was away for 7 years,their marriage is null and only myra is now his wife.people and their thoughts!its ironical to see people's misconcepts when the fact is just the reverse.all in all,its a good ff,thats it.sorry if i vented out a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally Ratna, you are here. Glad you liked the update. Mehras have some info. We have to see what it is. Rudra never had to ask Mamisa for Paro's hand. But this time around he has to impress Mehras. Paro/Myrah remembers bits and pieces - mostly when she is quite sleepy or under medication. IT will take time for her to remember everything when awake. Almost every update has a dialogue or two which is repeated from the past which is enough to keep Rudra happy. It is not explicitly mentioned but the memory is there in the dialogues. Just like in the dialogue ," You did not have to do that last time" As Paro knows Rudra just took her away last time.....

      Paro also had one dialogue with Aman if you remember. About his sister. Ratna, it is all very subtle. In the dialogues.

      Oh I do read many FFs. So as to make sure there is no overlap with mine. Because my updates are impromptu. I can change them to avoid any overlaps.

      Again, gld you liked the update and hope to have you as a reader going forward too.....

      Delete
  42. Well JJ, lovely update.

    My thoughts : Actually too long thoughts. I just went on typing and realized only after posting it. Sorry, next time will try to keep it short.

    Rudra and Rajeev Mehra will share a wonderful bond inspite of Myrah/Paro being not their daughter.

    Rudra not once asked them for Myrah's hand, rather he informed them about the wedding. It is like he was inviting them to his wedding.

    Rudra is not direct in mentioning Myrah's/Paro's name. In most of his talk, he addresses Myrah in terms of her or she. Was he afraid that he might take Paro's name.

    This time Rudra has set his mind on marrying Paro again just like Paro had the last time.

    The monologue thoughts of Rudra were heartfelt and loved them. It was so opposite of what was shown in the show.

    Rudra then giving justification to Rajeev's Mehra's question about the wedding seemed rushed, it was like he was pouring his heart out, all his justifications and feelings when he misbehaved with Paro, hurt her feelings and then finally accepted his love when he was about to lose her.

    We got to see an expressive Rudra for the first time.

    According to me Paro and Myrah being a lookalike is the biggest hurdle that Rudra would have to answer. In fact if you remember, next to killing Paro, this was the next most debatable topic going on in the forum. Rudra marrying a doppleganger.

    Rajeev's anger was justified in this case.

    Then the para about Rudra being physically attracted to Paro was brought out beautifully. It was love at first sight for him. The greatness of his love was he respected what he loved. And then Paro's nature and strength just manifolded the love he had for her.

    It feels so nice to read for Rudra it was and will be always Paro. Something the show lacked.

    One question was Rudra so lost in his Paro, that a sharp mind like his failed to register the shock on the Mehra's face and behaviour after seeing Paro's closeup photo.

    And when was Rudra requesting for her hand? Is was more like informing them about the marriage. So correctly pointed out by Myrah/Paro.

    And the last line felt so good to read. It was always about Paro and bas Paro.

    Same for us it was always about Parud for us. RR being with Parud and ended with them.

    And Mano wonderful edits. Loved them.

    tvbug - after a so long time. You are one of the best writers I have seen. Have you written any FF? The way you catch the emotions and put them so artistically - it is like the scene unfolding before us with a new emotion.
    Well thanks to you and JJ, we got such a wonderful chapter. Now that JJ mentioned your name, I can see your touches in the part where Rudra describes about his love - Paro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reshma, Finally you read it and commented. You know you four are the ones remaining for comments. ANd today you and Ruchi commented. So I am going ahead and publishing the next chapter - 25. Hope you can read it early this time. You have a surprise in there. So read FAST...

      I love to read long comments. So please keep them coming.

      Rudra never asked for her hand - not in the literal sense. But for Rudra it is never about the actual words. It is about the thoughts behind actions. ANd he never would have talked about his painful childhood with anybody else for any other reason. So for him - it is like asking for Paro's hand

      After the brainstorming last year with BugSa I have no contact with her. I guess she is too busy. Hopefully she will see your words and appreciation. I agree she is a wonderful writer. Even the episode reviews used to be such fun. Feeling nostalgic...

      Glad you liked Chapter 24 Reshma. Repeating myself - I love your long comments.

      Delete
  43. aaliah3108 (imported from IF)Tuesday 13 January 2015 at 02:12:00 GMT-8

    Dear JJ,

    sorry for being late but the blog did not let me post my comments again ! Angry

    The chapter was really good. You did a very good job in showing how Rudra discussed Paro with the Mehras and they thought it was about Myrah.
    Loved the portions when Rudra acknowledged how he had given attention to every small detail about Paro no matter how much he had tried not to. Your Rudra- paro scene intepretation is awesome.

    Things from here are now going to become very complicated. My mind wanders to think will Myrah really know she is Paro, how will she accept it and take it forward.

    The Mehras' are an intelligent couple... will they give the go ahead for this marriage however they have sensed how resolute Rudra is about this.

    Loved the chapter for it's sheer wittiness. Waiting for next update already.

    @Mano : thank you for the edits

    @tvbug2011: I have never had a chance to interact with you directly but I read all your old posts on RR after hearing so much about them and I loved them a lot ! thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aaliah,

      Finally you are here. And you liked it. Thank God. Things are going to be complicated dear. Where Rudra and Paro are there - was it simple any time ?
      Mehras are intelligent and loving in nature. But they have their own demons to fight.

      Mano's edits are great. Next chapter will have a VM from Preggy. And you can read it today itself. LOL

      BugSa is nowhere to be found. After our discussion sometime last year there is no news or reply for any messages. Hopefully sometime she will see your appreciation

      Delete
  44. Akilakumar/Betti (imported from IF)Friday 16 January 2015 at 20:37:00 GMT-8

    Interesting JJ

    By now The Mehras must have realized Myrah is Paro

    They can have their happy ending too... Paro is an orphan...
    So they will always be Myrah/ Paro's parents, right?
    The pic of Paro in beach looks very dreamy
    This is my fav edit.
    Thanks MM

    ReplyDelete
  45. Finally caught up with this chapter! Simply amazing. I giggled when Rudra was talking about Paro and mehra's thought about Myrah. You know you wrote this very well.

    I always used to say Myrah and Paro does have similarities. That time no one listened to me :p everyone were busy bashing myrah. Lol

    I guess that was the reason for me to win "Greatest Myrah fan of the forum" award :p

    Loved the conversation. I wish we saw this in the show too. I wanted to see mehra's reaction seeing Paro's picture and obviously wanted to see Myrah being Paro.

    Will read the chapter 25 now.

    Amazing update JJ

    ReplyDelete
  46. Amazing update JJ

    I so love the way Rudy handle the situation ..

    he will do anything to get Paro back ... Paro nahi toh Rudra nahi na ;) this is what came in my mind while reading ur chapter ..

    actually for the fist time he is talking with someone about his love & how she came into his life ...

    and how everything changed after she came in his life..

    loved the convo between Rudy & Mehras

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hey JJ...

    Here I amBig smile...better late than never right.Smile

    I caught up with 2 chapters today...chapters 23 and 24. The fact that Rudra could be as angry as he wants to be, but one look into Paros eyes is enough to calm him down is something else.

    The mirror was a special connection between Rudra and Paro from the very outset...loved how you made the emotions in both of them reflect that too...

    Rudra was upfront with the Mehras about his past...earning him the respect and acceptance from Rajeev...Rajeev very quickly realized all of Rudra's finer qualities...Poonam of course can see Rudra's love for Myrah shining in his eyes...

    Now to the most important part...has Rajeev gotten an inclination of something amiss after he saw the picture of Paro and Rudra together...hmmm...cannot wait to find out...

    Once again apologize for not keeping up with the FF...will catch up on all chapters by this weekendBig smile

    Mano, ur edits are always a treat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally Varshu you are here. Glad you liked the two updates.

      Yes agree the mirror connection was very strong between Parud. Will wait for your comments in the next chapters.

      Delete
  48. paro baisa ke liye kuch bhi karr sakte hain yeh
    he told everything them he could tell them
    without letting them know about myrah and paro being one
    but am sure they can guess that themselves now
    he is one man woman
    and that woman is paro
    wow the way he said how he loves her
    yes he was attracted to her beauty even though he didnt wanna
    but he loves her kind heart too
    and its not lust either
    he will marry her
    no matter what
    i can understand mehras dilemma
    does he love their daughter or does he love her for being the lookalike of his dead wife
    well truth is he will love her in any form
    as she is his paro
    but he cant tell them that yet
    damn so hard isnt it
    but he doesnt wanna lose her
    no matter what
    and that is the main reason why he wants to marry her asap
    so he can protect her

    ReplyDelete